Location: Washington, DC
About Hayat Brown
Hayat Brown is a national engineering and advisory firm that helps mission-oriented institutions advance objectives related to the management of their infrastructure and real estate assets. Our team brings a lifecycle perspective to the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of commercial and economic development projects.
A bench of professional engineers and construction specialists assists clients with design, engineering, construction management and inspection, and project and program management across various market sectors including heavy civil, transportation, water / wastewater projects, and social infrastructure. – all with safety and quality as our number one priority. In addition, a team of results-oriented real estate, infrastructure, and public-private partnership (P3) advisors guide clients through each stage of the development process, from feasibility and financial structuring to transaction execution. This unique blend of consulting and engineering ensures project success at every stage of its development.
Whether as prime or subconsultant, Hayat Brown helps customers deliver projects that are vital to constituents on-time and on-budget.
We are seeking a talented and dynamic Marketing and Proposal Specialist to support the strategic growth of our engineering / construction management and advisory divisions. The Marketing and Proposal Specialist will work collaboratively with the management team on business development initiatives and pursuits including developing material for marketing and pre-positioning efforts, responding to RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs, as well as supporting the organization in increasing its brand visibility across the A/E industry. This position will report to a Senior Director within the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the coordination and development of statement of qualifications and proposals including proposal plan, schedule, templates, compliance, and production.
- Supporting capture planning and proposal development including identification of differentiators, incorporation of win themes, and addressing client hot buttons.
- Drafting, updating, and tailoring resumes and project descriptions for specific pursuits. Formulating overall design of proposal in line with RFP requirements as it relates to fonts, format and other compliance items.
- Continuously improving the overall aspect and quality of proposals, developing informative graphics, and performing white glove reviews prior to document submission.
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership, and marketing material for use with key clients, partners and at industry conferences.
- Maintaining an internal repository of up-to-date resumes, project descriptions, client testimonies, awards, and certifications.
- Coordinating debrief sessions where feasible as well as documentation and retention of lessons learned to improve future proposals.
- Assisting in tracking and monitoring opportunity pipelines.
- Supporting the creation of and updates to marketing materials and other relevant content as required by the management team.
- BA or BS plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience working as part of a marketing team leading or providing proposal support or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Strong proposal preparation skills including organization, content development, production, and compliance.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience leading and/or supporting proposal development to win new work.
- Experience supporting business development and marketing in the A/E industry (on behalf of engineering or construction firms). Experience with federal pursuits is a plus.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices and effective proposal writing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Adobe products, graphic design software such as InDesign or Photoshop as well as familiarity with collaborative software such as Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- No relocation benefits offered.
- The individual must be legally authorized to work in the United States.